Monday, March 5, 2012

Week 19

Last Monday, I recieved my objective for my third lesson plan. I will be teaching coordinate planes. This should mostly be review for the students with the exception of using negatives on the coordinate plane. I'm a little worried about this lesson simply because it is math and the students tend to really struggle with the math concepts. I will make it as straight forward as I can as well as entertaining. I need to go online and find exmaples of some worksheets. I am plannning on doing a picture worksheet. On thursday I graded papers and observed a math lesson. The lesson was over how to find greatest common factors. She had the students use white boards and modeled the lesson on a poster. I wonder if it is better to teach that lesson before or after simplifying fractions.  While I was there, my mentor teacher also had to attend to the parent's needs. Although I have been aware that being a part of the job, I had never really noticed it in my observations. That was the first time I ever really had to become aware of the parents needs. I have also noticed that my mentor teacher has her students do all the problems on the worksheet that they can do, and when they get those done they can ask for help. I think that this is a good idea for this age level because it allows them to rely on themselves a little more than the teacher and allows them to go through the other problems and may be able to find their own answers to the problem. Next week I am only at my mentor sight for one day, but I am getting ready for my third lesson plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment